I'm a full time "GREEN" real estate agent in Orange County, CA. My goal is to introduce and promote "green" design principles and products to residents and break down the common misconceptions about being "green" while helping clients make the right real estate investment decision, opposed to a emotional mistake.
It's in my personal interest to encourage sustainability and the now trendy "Green" Revolution. I have the luxury of an occupation that enables me to support my personal beliefs through the business decisions I make.
Some of the business decisions I've made so far:
- Abandoning many of the regular real estate marketing strategies like dumping thoughtless bulk mail on my neighbors and spamming any email I can get a hold of.
- Only advertising with "green" minded media like the OC Voice.
- Using printers that offer non-chlorinated paper and recycled paper, and soy-based or vegetable inks whenever possible.
- Helping local non-profits and charities.
- Obtaining "green" building and marketing certifications
- Starting this blog.
- Starting a meetup group to organize and promote local "green" events, http://meetup.com/goinggreenorangecounty
- Become an American Solar Energy Society (ASES) Organizer and host a solar tour in Costa Mesa.
I can market real estate features that are considered "green" or find real estate suitable for a "green" renovation better than your standard real estate agent.
Certified Green Building Professional (Build it Green)
Green Building Professional (NAHB)
CHEERS® Certified Rater
Organizer of Costa Mesa Solar Tour
Organizer of Going GREEN Orange County Meetup Group
Certified as an EcoBroker®
Member of the United States Green Building Council
Member of the American Solar Energy Society
Member of the National Association of REALTORS®
Member of the California Association of REALTORS®
Member of the Orange County Association of REALTORS®